Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"End Of The Line", watercolor on paper, 12.5"x 18.5".
When I saw this man I was drawn to the character, but what I saw next is what drew me to paint him. At each stop he would struggle to gather his things and stand up, then try to make it to the door on time, only to realize that it wasn't his stop despite how sure he was of it at each halt. I had seen this before, my grandfather had been losing his memory for years. Once again questions resonated, "Where was his family, who was looking out for him? Will I be in this man's shoes someday, and will somebody be taking care of me?" This man was at the end of his line and I will be too someday.

1 comment:

StudioRisingStar said...

My very favorite painting!
I'm glad you have this up man!
Great work dude! I miss you and your inspiration.

-Brandon