Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"No Fair", oil on canvas, 8"x 10".
This one stands as a bond between my nephew, Louie, and I. I grew up in a broken home, with repercussions that continue to surface to this day. My nephew is also a product of a broken home, and I assume that this will also have a great effect on him as he grows up. I did this one to remind him that I understand his plight and look to be a support as he stumbles upon some of the harder truths of the events in his upbringing. "No Fair", is a play on words of the no fare that children are charged on the Bart, and how children often escape paying the price of the pain that comes with understanding until they are older. And that I think it is unfair that he will have to go through some of the hard things that my parents' divorce called me to encamp on.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe... I dig this paint, it is soo expresive... its a whole world of ideas that could be passing through this kid's mind...